Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Quilt: Hop on Spot

All the blocks are done... New Quilt Blocks These look way more complicated than they really are. I was inspired by Dioramamama's tutorial for easy curved piecing. Her tutorial was easy to follow, and these blocks came together very easily. I pieced one giant, long strip from all the orange, yellow, and aqua fabrics that I had in my stash. I then followed the tutorial, using pieces of the long strip for the center of the circle. The only trouble I had was removing the freezer paper, but eventually I realized that I was probably using too much glue. I can't wait to see this one come together.

9 comments:

Alissa said...

Oh they are so so so preeeetty! Can't wait to see it all put together!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is breathtaking.

HouseyWifey said...

Those are beautiful! I'm going to have to go check out that tutorial now.

LizW said...

Really great, contemporary look.

Katie Jean said...

Wow your circles look so perfect! I've been having trouble piecing curves, so I think I'm going to try that method she shows.

Sarah said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see the completed product! Very impressive!

Jody said...

I love circle quilts and I am soooo glad I found your blog and tutorial! It's amazing...gives me ideas for my own quilt...can't wait to see yours as it looks beautiful so far!!! Please blog some more about it!

jacquie said...

oooh yours look so much better than mine. i think i need to check out this tut.

cbmimilk said...

So beautiful!
The link for the tutorial doesn't work. Is there other?
Thank you!
Claudia